View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 04:51 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, since I'm in, and am stuck working for three and a half more hours, and Shaun has said I can share information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
"Additionally you are NOT under any sort of non-disclosure agreement, so you are encouraged to post info on your experiences with the beta version on any public forum (espeically anything that might help get folks excited about the game!)

Played 7-8 games so far, mostly with a Fictional Association created after the download completed, and 2 with a 2005 Association.

My thoughts:

Animated ball flight is nice, but what I would REALLY like to see is tracking where the ball goes in the play.. for example, right now, on a ground out to 2nd, the ball moves to the 2nd baseman's position and disappears (and the popup window says "Grounds Out, 4-3"). I'd like to see the ball move to 2nd and then over to first.

One glitch I've run into is that the third game of the year with the fictional teams saw my opponent hang a reliever out to dry in a long extra inning game. He came in the 10th inning, and by the end of the game (it went 17), the pitcher had thrown 90-odd pitches (and he only had an endurance of 44 on a 1-100 scale).. and they had four relievers left in the pen, so it wasn't that he was the last man standing..

Either I've been horrendously unlucky, or all the games are played in huge stadiums I've seen 30-40 Deep Fly Outs (including a few where it stated the wind kept it in), but not a homer yet.

The game is VERY quick, and free flowing. I like the fact that it offers you a chance to read the paper weekly.

Obviously, stats can't be judged, with such a small sample (I hope Shaun tabs SkyDog for it, that's his forte), but the game seems realistic so far..

It's pretty fun (I actually stopped playing it here at work cuz I was getting sick looking at the computer screen constantly) so far.