View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #21
Izulde
Head Coach

27 August, 2007

I leave tomorrow. In fact, 24 hours from now, I'll be in the car, headed down to Chicago.

A flurry of appointments and last-minute details today. Had a haircut this morning, got my new hearing aid molds installed shortly thereafter, went and got a black strap for my new watch, which had a gorgeous face but an ugly brown strap and said goodbye to the girls at work, who will all miss me. I'll miss them, too. The pay may be for shit at Victoria's Secret, but my co-workers are the best I've ever had.

Dentist appointment in 45 minutes. Deep cleaning for the gums. I may ask them to put a temporary in where they pulled my molar, as there's been nothing but pain and irritation there since they yanked it... and it's making both sides of my jaw hurt, in addition to this pain in my ears I've had the last few days. I suspect a dry pocket and if that's the case, it will suck, as that means medicated pads that I'll have to carry and maintain.

In any case, the extraction site is supposed to be partly healed by the end of this week, but not fully healed for about a month. That means 1/4th of my time in Granada I'll be dealing with the bloody thing. ARGH!

Said goodbye to Dreams Saturday night at the annual Victoria's Secret Summer Bash. It was nice to see her again and she's still as amazing as ever, maybe even more so in some respects. Too bad she went off and got married.

My two local buddies oddly haven't tried to contact me to say goodbye or hang out tonight, my last night in the US for 4 months. My two best friends in the fraternity, who live in Waukesha and Dekalb, respectively, wanted to meet up over the summer and see me before I left, but there just wasn't time... though I may see if they're interested in a last-minute get-together.

As far as non-FOFC online friends go, I've said goodbye to most of them. One in particular I specifically requested they clear tonight. That one I hope to see as my final person before I make futile attempt at sleep.

Still some last-minute packing and fiddling around on my laptop to do, as well as some addresses to add to my book, as demands for postcards and/or other handwritten correspondence have risen dramatically the last few days.

I still can't quite believe I'm actually going. I've wanted to study abroad since my junior year in high school and then after the academic struggles I had during my Minnesota and Parkside years, I thought I'd never be able to achieve the dream.

But it's here and it's happening.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote