View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #30
Izulde
Head Coach

There is Fanta in the US but it's not as widely popular as in Europe and so to me it's acquired a European meaning.

Arrived in Granada about 1 pm. Didn't really see much of the city as I was busy listening to the group leader explain stuff about our itinerary for the next few days.

We met with our senora, my roommate and I, at the meeting point and she walked us to our homestay, which turns out to be in an apartment with her and her 21 year old son. We each have our own tiny room, which I love.

I took pictures of the room and whatnot.

It turns out that the senora speaks no English and I speak no Spanish. My roommate speaks a little Spanish, but not enough to make for fluent translations, so there's been some hilarious UIC so far, none of which I can remember right now, since I'm in a cybercafe which charges 1,80 Euro/hour and everything's flown out of my mind.

After that, we did a quick non-stopping tour of Granada. Beautiful city, though the graffiti makes me angry... thankfully it's less than in Malaga at least. The view from by the Alhambra is incredible and unfortunately I left my camera back in my room, so I didn't get any pictures of that.

When the group leader mentioned we wouldn't be going to the Alhambra today, but during classes, one guy quipped as we passed by it, "Oh, so this is like foreplay?" Mass hilarity ensued.

Came back and had supper at the house. Senora made omelets, which I had to bypass on because I despise eggs. So I had a tomato, cheese, and meat sandwich.

She fed us some kind of bean and vegetable thing, along with fruit and yogurt for lunch. My stomach still has to get used to Spanish food, but Immodium AD is my friend in that regard.

After dinner, my roommate and I walked to the Internet cafe nearest the house to see where it was, then went to meet up with someone. We waited, waited some more and finally left to continue our search for cigarettes which had been fruitless to that point. Roommate finally discovered a bar and braved the crowd to get us a pack.

Smoked our Lucky Strikes, found them better than the US version and came to Internet Cafe.

There's a lot more that went on today obviously, but my brain's a little scattershot right now, so I'm having trouble forming a logic flow.

I'd planned to start a series called Lyrical Notes, which is a punny name to me, where I ramble poetic occasionally on certain things. I wrote my first one on the road to Granada, but unfortunately I left my notebook back at the house.

I'll write more coherent thought later.

And yes, I'll be posting pics.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote