View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #161
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

JUNE 2004

UN BEE-LIEVEABLE!
So the fact that the Bees are in first probably isn't all that shocking. This team took the Yankees to the wire in the playoffs and dominated their division last year.

So here are how things are going so far.

We're the best hitting team in baseball pretty much hands down. We have five guys at or over 40 RBI already (Andrew Cooper, Manny Ramirez, Lawrence Hill, Alfie Penrice and Pete Coleman). I think the real flaw is in our pitching.

We've managed to get up to about the middle of the pack in terms of most categories, but we probably need one more solid arm.

To contrast, last year in Boston, I had a team full of young flamethrowers. Providence isn't remotely that deep and so, I had to patch together something, plus use what we already had to keep the team in play.

The weakest link in the rotation is 28-year old Isai Villa (4-4, 6.02) and I'll probably try to move him.

Save for that, I'm hoping we can hold onto the division and enter the playoffs hot. If so, watch out for us.

But as we all know, the season is quite long and there is a long, long way to go.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote