View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 08:23 AM   #95
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
While I certainly understand the context of this post, I think this evidence doesn't really persuade me that this isn't a needed addition. Rather, it mostly persuades me that the fans of this game, who would vote in such a poll, just value very different things in their games than I do.
Bingo. To put it bluntly, there are WAAAYYY more potential customers who want it than there are of Mogul fanboys--who probably made up the vast majority of voters in this poll. Based on the fact that they implemented features based on the responses, I firmly believe that if the greater text sim community would continue to give constructive feedback to SportsMogul--as opposed to sitting back on the OOTP and FOFC boards and scoffing/looking down our noses at the game because it doesn't have L/R splits--then they'd make it into an update of this version, or at least BM2K7. As you pointed out, they've gone into great detail in the areas that they DID add this year. Whether we like it or not, it appears that their philosophy is to listen to the feedback on what the customer base wants, above even baseball common sense. From having interacted with Clay, there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that he is a BIG baseball fan, and very knowledgeable about the game. If Jim is perceived as "not listening to his customer base" (a charge which I disagree with, by the way), the very opposite is true about Clay, it would seem: his customer base's word is LAW, to almost a fault.