View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 06:50 PM   #15
weegeebored
High School Varsity

This is an interesting poll. I love Star Wars but I wouldn't win any trivia contests, so it is more of a platonic kind of love. I have not seen all the movies. Of the prequels I only saw Ep. III. Christensen is such an awful actor he made Portman look bored on screen. And I heard enough about Jar Jar to never want to see I or II. As far as the sequels I enjoyed VII even though I didn't buy into the Finn character and didn't really like Oscar Isaac in his role. I have to watch Rogue again as I was very sick when I saw it the first time, but from what I remember I enjoyed it. Last Jedi was only ok for me. Long-winded in parts (the Luke and Rey storyline - zzzz), and it felt very disjointed. I have not seen Rise of Skywalker as the general consensus is that it is worse than Last Jedi. I will likely watch it eventually. So all things considered I vote sequels, but I can't help thinking that in the right hands all the movies could have been great.

And if Lucas wasn't such a controlling egomaniac we would have had the Thrawn trilogy with the original SW actors instead of the prequels. But I digress...