View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #21
QuikSand
lolzcat

Here's my Peddlers-focused first play.

Spoiler

The deck works basically as intended... I end up getting all the peddlers, and engine my way to several good turns later in the game.

That's enough to push me to a slight variant of a well-documented conundrum in Dominion: The Penultimate Province.

Bottom line is... if you're in a super-simple close game, where there's little trickery going on (imagine both players just using "big money")... when do you take the second-to-last Province card? If you're behind by 1-5 points, taking it gives you the lead... BUT it sets you opponent up to win if he can take the vast Province. In some cases, eschewing the PP is the right play, to avoid this risk, you take a Duchy instead. (The AI is not versed in this theory, by the way)

Here, I rolled the dice and won. Down 30-29 in Round 15, I have enough $ for the Penultimate Province card. I'm not sure my move was wise, but it paid off... Bot gets only an Estate, and I get the last province on the next turn to win 41-31.

Code:
QuikSand: 7 Coppers, 5 Estates, 2 Duchies, 5 Provinces, 3 Fishing Villages, 10 Peddlers, a Horse Traders, 3 Candlestick Makers and a Merchant Guild Lord Rattington: 7 Coppers, 7 Silvers, a Gold, 4 Estates, 3 Duchies, 3 Provinces and a Courtyard
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote