View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 AM   #43
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
Re: the roomate. What he did seems pretty annoying. But try to forget about it and maybe just try to cut back from doing everything with him, to doing a few things a week. It'd be good to have a friend there and cutting back should make you guys get less sick of each other.

I agree, though the way he's situated with regard to his level class, he's about half a class behind everyone else relative to where he tested, so he's going to be spending his entire time studying and occasionally hanging out with the girl.

Which I rather like, to be honest. I've been a lot happier since I've been exploring the city and so on, on my own. Sure it'd be nice to have someone to chill with, but I'm perfectly fine myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic[/b
Sucks about your roommate just ditching you like that, but the rest of the posts in the thread seem like a good, adventurous time so far! Cold meats and bread seems to be prevalent in a few European cultures. My dad is Croatian and my mom is Polish, and we have cold meats a lot (even here in Canada, but every day at least one meal in Europe was at least partly cold meats). I like cold meats though, so it was alright.

I was under the impression that there would be a lot of seafood in Spanish dishes?

About the Fanta... I first saw and tried it in Europe, so it is something I associate with Europe, and don't drink it here at all. I do see it in stores, but for some reason it doesn't appeal to me here.

Cold meats I can take or leave, but if I'm going to have them, I'd really prefer that they be in a sandwich.

I figured there'd be more seafood, too, but I guess our senora isn't all about the seafood. My guess is that the restaurants are more typical.

Fanta is definitely a Europe association for me as the first time I drank it was when I toured Europe 13 years ago. It got to be so that I drank it religiously, in fact. I haven't had it too often here, simply because my teeth are still healing from a barrage of dental work in the week before I left and soda murders my teeth.

Mostly what I've had is warm water at the homestay. I had pineapple juice a couple times, which was great, but the one time she gave us milk, it was whole milk and I only drink skim (unless it's low-fat chocolate or strawberry). Needless to say, I haven't had milk since then.

First language class yesterday wasn't too bad, even though the two professors (we had one for the first half, another for the second half) used exceedingly little English, so it's real immersion. If I hadn't had German for a number of years and had a basic understanding of grammatical structures in foreign languages though, I'd be absolute toast.

I didn't do much last night... Came home, caught a few more Pokemon in Pearl, discovered that the voltage isn't right for the DS, so I'd need a voltage adapter if I want to recharge my DS, ate supper, went out for mango and passion fruit ice cream, came home again and went to bed early.

I got up around 11:30 this morning, showered, studied the map until I found the address for the bigger of the two bookstores where we could find our textbook... and was ecstatic to see that it's like three blocks from my homestay. So I went there, bought the textbook, the workbook, and Tales of the Alhambra by Washington Irving, with mood music to play while you read. Grand total: 41 euros, which made me VAT is a real pain.

I'm going to save my receipts though, because I remember reading somewhere that you can get the VAT on stuff back if you're not an EU citizen.

Lunch was vegetable soup again, though this time it had some kind of cheesy noodles to it which I was kinda eh, it's all right, on the taste of, but they really helped to spice up the soup.

Tonight I'm going to try the Albaicin again. This time I have the address with me and I noticed when I looked on the map that it doesn't appear to be on the Calle Ayandamar, but rather Callejon de Tallacarne, which would explain why I couldn't find it last time. Darn Aynadamar threw me off last time.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote