View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 06:56 AM   #329
Radii
Head Coach

Incoming Recruits

Not bad, not bad at all. All three of my recruits come in rated 69 OVR.

PG Michel Murphy isn't the best ball handler in the world, 77 hands/78 passing. He's very fast(90) though not as quick(80). He will be an outstanding defender(84 already) and a decent steals guy(72). He has the potential to be quite a scorer. 72 med/78 3, with a 78 shooting off the dribble rating. With his poor ball handling he may make an ideal SG someday. I'm incredibly happy seeing the good 3 point shot and the great defense rating right out of the gate. Potential: C

PG David Mendoza - More of a pure PG, 84 handling/74 passing, both above average. 88 speed/81 quickness. He's an above average defender (80) and an average to above average shooter (69 med/76 3). He's not as good off the dribble as Murphy, just 73. He has C- potential.

C JR Keller has some solid post skills, 81 post offense/75 post defense, both solid for this level. I'm disappointed by his rebounding numbers, 76 offense/74 defense. He's strong (77) and has good offensive awareness(71). He's rated 85 in close and 82 in traffic. Neither are great but netiher are terrible either. C+ potential hopefully means that I can have him work his ass off on the boards and improve.

There is a legitimate case to be made to start Mendoza or Murphy both at PG over Flowers. I likely will not do that from the outset though. Flowers will start but either guy could take his job.

Offseason Development

The most exciting news is that Daryl Delic has gained 2 overall ratings points and goes into his senior season rated 80 OVR! My first 80 rated player.

Wait, no, my most exciting news is that Wendell House shows up as uninjured. I don't know if I counted some days wrong, or if no injuries are multi-season, or if the injuries don't show on this first day of the season... we'll see, but I might have House completely available.

We have 7 players rated higher than 70 OVR, and all 3 freshman rated 69. Lamkin and Flowers are both in the mid-60s and contributed nicely last year. This looks like a ridiculously strong roster overall... IF one of these guys can turn into a solid PG for me.

Roster overview and starting the season later on...

I glanced through the overall roster strength's of the MAC teams. Our roster strength is listed at 82. We are far and away the strongest team in the conference on paper. Someone was at 79, someone at 78, one or two teams at 77, and a lot of teams 76 and below. Kent State got ravaged by graduation and may be the worst team in the league. With Delic, Cooper, and House, we may well be starting 3 guys that are rated higher than everyone on a couple teams.

Of course, we know ratings aren't everything. *espicially* with an inexperienced PG.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote