View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #149
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This game is too engrossing so I tend to have to avoid it, but I've been wanting to get back into my cities and at least show you what I'd been working on the last time I had any real time to work on it, because there are some new neighborhoods and independent cities in the area that I haven't recorded here.

I've probably redone the subway and bus lines at least once or twice since the last time I posted in here, too. I have no idea whether it's working or not, but I'm kind of over it now until they release the new mass transit DLC and then I'll be able to work on it again, because there are just fundamental problems with the way it's setup so I'm not even going to worry about accuracy anymore at this point in this particular city.

The most notable new addition to the city -- and I'm not even sure if it's part of the city at all -- is San Felipe. There are (adjusted) about 54k people living in the community. With subway access, it makes for basically living in Hoboken or somewhere in Jersey when you can't afford to live in NYC. It's still a bit sleepy, but it's getting more interesting as time goes on.

Here's a map where you can see the far north parts of Helensburgh MSA and then San Felipe on its own in the far north peninsula of the map with University Heights/Milwaukie to the east, which also contains the only bridge/driving access to the main parts of the city. Otherwise, there's only subway access.

Average rents in San Felipe for a 700 sq. ft. apartment is $1,054mo. Contrasted by the city average rent of $2,715/mo., you can see why it's becoming an attractive place to live despite its sleepy reputation and distance from the main parts of the city.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote