View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 02:49 AM   #42
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Fri Apr 25, 2014

So here we are, ten games into the 45 game regular season. I had believed we were genuinely promotion caliber, instead we sit 6th.

Gwangju 22 pts, +13 GD
Suwon 21, +9
Anyan 18, +1
Police 15, +5
Goyant 14, 0
Daejeon 13, -1
Daegu 11, -5
Gangwon 10, -1
Chungju 10, -5
Bucheon 4, -16

We're 5th in Goals Scored, 5th in Goals Allowed, we've played better on the road (3-2-1) than at home (0-2-2)

Only player to appear in every match is ST Lee Dong-Hyun 9(1) with 5 goals to also lead the club. GK Kim Sun-Kyu has started 9, MC Hwang Jin-San has played in 8(1), DCR Park Tae-Su in 8.

We're a bit brittle, seems there's always a player or two I'd like to have available that's missing due to injury. It also seems to be a fairly passive group, specifically on offense. You have to stay on them constantly just to remind them to shoot the ball at all, otherwise they're content to pass it around until they turn it over. Defensively we're probably a little too aggressive at times, we're the only team that's had two players already reach the yellow card limit. Emotionally they aren't a particularly responsive group, very all or nothing in their reactions, takes big bold strokes to impact them either way. Otherwise they often appear "deep in thought".

Ideally, when the transfer window reopens in July, I'd like to move several pieces out of here, mostly to free up salary & try to use it to improve the roster. There's hardly anyone I'd deem untouchable for the right offer, just to be honest. We need to get more out of players that are here on loan, we're among the few teams that doesn't have a foreign player (or 2 or 3) contributing. There's not much sign of help coming from our Reserves,few players if any on the youth squad that are anywhere near ready for K-Challenge play. Improvements will either have to come from better play from the people already seeing action or else we'll have to go out & find people who will perform at a higher level from outside the organization.