View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #155
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Suddenly there is a mighty crash as someone slams shut the tavern door. Into the tavern strides this super cocky young lordling wearing a crazy black and gold costume. He demands food and wine and three serving girls are required to serve him. His manner is so offensive and insulting that it is no wonder he bears many scars. He choose to seat himself at a table with a small, thin, inoffensive little man. Within seconds there is a loud burst as the lordling has kicked the man away and yelled at him for daring to sit with him. He draws his sword and moves to kill the man.

Bewildered and frightened, the man manages an apology, but the lordling’s is about to kill him. Do I have a bow? Yup. I nock an arrow immediately and it pierces the lordling’s forearm. He utters a cry towards me:

'Curse you, scum!' he shrieks. 'I am Roark, highborn of Amory. I shall have your life for this--mark my words!'

He is upset and leaves, stumbling into the night. I help the frail old man to his feet and he joins my table with his thanks. His name is Cyrilus and he is a magician. He dabbles in small tricks that earn him food and drink for the court of Varetta. As he mentions that, he notices my eyes light up. I can ask him about the Lorestone, or just bid him a good night.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote