View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #307
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 3, 2015 -

My final start of the year is against the Orioles in Baltimore. The crowd boos me lustily as I take the field.

Dunn with a RBI single in the 1st to make it 1-0.

Ty with 2 excellent defensive plays to start the game. Lacey lines out to Getz to end the 1st.

Saucedo with a hard groundball for a single to start the 2nd. Wow. Saucedo steals 2nd as the throws is offline. I stirke out Betemit with a 1-2 low fastball. Helms grounds to Getz and moves Saucedo to 3rd. Pie pops it up behind the plate to end the inning.

Ty knocks in Chavez in the top of the 3rd. 2-0 lead.

I strike out Daniel Murphy with an outside 0-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the 3rd. Chris Duncan with a 2 out 2 run homer. He just hit a good low fastball. That was his 17th of the year. Tied at 2.

Saucedo draws a 9 pitch lead off walk to start the 4th. Betemit hits a little chopper down the 1st base line and there is confusion between myself and Ronnie. Ronnie finally fields it but everyone is safe. I get Helms to pop up to 1st. Pie hits a ball to center and Endy Chavez just misplays it. Wow. They call it a single. Bases loaded with 1 out. Kevin Frandsen hits it hard right back at me. I throw home and we get the 1-2-3 DP!

I strike out Murphy with a 2-2 high inside fastball for the 2nd out of the 5th. I strike out Chris Davis with a 2-2 splitter. I've definitely got a lot of work to do on the pitch this offseason, but it is improving.

Lacey starts off the 6th with a line drive to left for a single. Saucedo hits the 1st pitch almost the exact same spot. Men on 1st and 2nd.

NO! Wilson Betemit catches a 3-2 fastball (that was higher than I wanted) and hits it into the 3rd row of right center. 5-2. Mike pulls me after that. I'm not going to get to .500 this year.

If I just could have gotten through that inning, I could have had the win. We scored 8 in the top of the 7th! We win the game 10-5. Denny Bautista gets my win.

5 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 1 BB, 4 K.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote