View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #320
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 2, 2016 -

Tonight, I start against Justin Verlander and the Tigers at our place. This is game 1 of a 2 game series and a nice chance for us to gain ground on them.

3B Ian Stewart
2B Terrance Bumgarner
LF Mario Richar (.336 with 4 HR's.)
CF Curtis Granderson
RF Jason Kubel (hitting .301 with 5 HR's.)
DH Rosman Zapata
1B Conrad Clifton
SS Valentino Valentine
C Robinzon Diaz

We are going with an intresting lineup tonight that gives us our best defense in the outfield:

CF Owens
2B Cano
1B Whaley
LF Quentin
SS Ramirez
DH Budde
3B Aybar
C Ruiz
RF Gwynn

There is a strong wind blowing out to right.

I strike out Terrance with a 3-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the 1st.

Porter Callahan robs of me of 2 calls and I have a leadoff walk to Granderson. I strike out Kubel with a 3-2 fastball after starting off 3-0 to him. I get the next batter to pop up to 3rd and the last one grounds out to Cano.

Valentine starts the 3rd with a double to left field. Gwynn with a very nice defensive play on a line drive by Diaz. He then makes a strong throw to keep the runner at 2nd. Stewart hits a 1-1 fastball into shallow left center for a RBI single.

Oh my!! Owens with a LONG run to the warning track in right center and jumps against the wall catching the ball hit by Granderson. Pumped up, I strike out Kubel on 3 pitches, the last being a low fastball. 1-2-3 4th.

Cano starts the 5th with a diving catch. Cano with an error that continues the 5th allowing Diaz to get on 1st. Stewart hits a 0-2 fastball weakly to left for the 3rd out.

In the 6th, they get Bumgarner on 3rd and Granderson on 1st with 1 out and Kubel at the plate. Ruiz throws out Granderson at 2nd on the steal attempt! Kubel flares a 3-1 slider into left field for a RBI single. Down 2-0. I strike out Zapata with a 2-2 change to end the inning.

Mike pulls me after 6 innings. We lose the game 3-0, very disappointing.

6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote