View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #321
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 6, 2016 -

The Tigers swept us. At least, we bounced back by sweeping the Royals in a 2 game series. Then, we won tonight at Minnesota.

May 7, 2016 -

Tonight, I'm starting at Minnesota. They are going with Carlos Zambrano who is 3-1 with a 2.15 ERA. We are 16-14 (and 2 GB from the Indians.) They are 12-18. Their only truly dangerous offensive weapon is Morneau although Wiki Macias can be dangerous as well.

Their lineup:

CF Brett Gardner
3B Tory Miller
1B Morneau
RF Wiki Macias
DH Chris Iannetta
LF Oswaldo Urdaneta
C George Kottaras
SS Matt Tolbert
2B Ambiorix Betancourt

Jose Ferreira is getting another chance at 3B tonight. Gwynn is starting in LF for Quentin who is getting a night off.

Gardner draws a leadoff walk as a 3-2 slider barely misses the corner. Struck out Miller with a 1-2 fastball. Gardner steals 2nd. I'm going to be much more careful with Morneau now. Morneau hits a low 3-0 slider to short for the 2nd out but Gardner advances to 3rd. I strike out Macias with a 2-2 outside fastball to end the inning.

Owens with another great long running catch, this time right before the wall in center field to start the 2nd inning. Iannetta with a hard grounder past Jose for a single. Kottaras hits it hard at Cano who starts the 4-6-3 DP.

Jose with a throwing error in the 3rd. That puts Betancourt on 2nd with 1 out. Betancourt gets to 3rd on a fly to left field. Gwynn just couldn't get enough on the throw. Struck out Miller with a 2-2 splitter to end the 3rd.

Struck out Macias with high heat for the 2nd out of the 4th. That was a 99 MPH fastball. Gwynn with a very nice play in left on a line drive to end the 4th.

Tolbert with a 2 out double down the left field line in the 5th. Cano with a great over the shoulder catch in shallow right for the 3rd out.

Miller argues a call at 1st in the 6th and he gets ejected. That was the 2nd out of the 6th. Morneau fights off an inside fastball for a single to shallow center. I strike out Macias with a 3-2 change to end the inning. That was my 3rd K on him tonight.

Still scoreless in the bottom of the 7th as I take the mound. I strike out Iannetta with a 2-2 change to start the inning. I strike out Urdaneta with a 3-2 splitter to end the inning.

Tolbert starts off the 8th with a grounder that gets past Whaley for a single. NO! Mike pulls me after that. I had something left. At least he gives it to Devine who has been incredible so far. 2-0 record with 0.56 ERA in 11 innings.

Devine pitches a perfect 8th, but he gives up a homer in the 9th. We lose the game 1-0.

7 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 7 K.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-22-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote