View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #334
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 21, 2016 -

The Cardinals Lineup:

2B Orlando Hudson
C Ryan Doumit
3B Tuan McGuire (hitting .344 with 19 HR's)
CF Rick Ankiel
RF Hunter Pence
SS Khalil Greene
LF Columbus Deleon
1B Casey Kotchman
DH Yadier Molina

Struck out Ankiel on a check swing that he couldn't stop at a 2-2 high fastball for the 1st out of the 2nd inning. Struck out Greene with a 2-2 outside slider to end the 2nd.

Paulino, Budde, and Owens with RBI's in the 2nd. 3-0 lead.

Struck out Kotchman with a 0-2 fastball away for the 2nd out of the 3rd.

Ankiel has the 1st hit of the game off me in the 4th, but I get Pence to pop out to 2nd to end the inning. Tonight, I've had the best control of my curve that I've ever had.

Owens with another RBI in the 4th. 4-0 lead.

Struck out Doumit with a 2-2 splitter for the 2nd out of the 6th.

Struck out Pence with a 0-2 slider to start the 7th. I feel like I'm still in complete control today, some of my best stuff of the year. 1-2-3 7th.

Struck out Molina with a 3-2 inside fastball for the 1st out of the 8th. Struck out Hudson looking at a 3-2 fastball that caught the inside corner.

I get the chance for the complete game, but I'm going to need to retire the heart of their order.

Struck out McGuire with a 1-2 slider to start the 9th. Struck out Ankiel looking at a 3-2 changeup that was across the outside corner. Pence grounds a 2-2 curve to Jose for the final out! Complete game shutout! My confidence is soaring now.

9 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 K.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote