View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #342
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 18, 2016 -

NO! Whaley tore his ACL and is done for the year.

Owens has suffered a dislocated shoulder and is also done for the year hence the rookie playing in center.

Last week, Jose suffered a broken bone in his hand and is out for about 2 months.

Wandy Segovia, our natural backup 3B has broken a bone in his leg and is done for the year.

The only good news is that Mike assures the club that the staff is working hard to try to trade for some pieces for a playoff push..

The club is saying that Radhames Coco, who will be our replacement 1B is a young power hitter with real plate discipline issues. He strikes out a lot and really isn't ready for The Show yet. He is also horrible defensively while Whaley was above average.

Meanwhile, I've seen enough of Terrell Kelsey to form my opinion on him. He isn't ready yet. He is a decent contact hitter with no power or speed. He is bad in center field. It's a miracle he is hitting .270 right now as he is never beating out an infield single. I wish that Mike would start Gwynn in center instead.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote