View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 10:31 PM   #35
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huston View Post
How are you role playing as AD? I’m curious as it seems impossible even with commish mode?

Basically you can turn AI coaches into human coaches, fire the assistants you want at the assistant hiring period. You can't really hire who you want there, but you can try to influence it some. Then when it's time to sim, I auto-sim so it makes everyone a AI controlled coach again and I don't have to manage anything.

If I want to fire them, I make them human and then you can fire them without a problem. Technically, they are resigning but it's okay. Other times, I'll just move them to programs manually since I don't have human offers on in this save.

So basically, I have no influence other than picking the coach I want, which makes it feel a bit more realistic since it's pretty random whether a coach in this game is going to impact stuff one way or another.

Then once it's the off-season, I do the same thing. If there's a coach I don't want to retire prematurely, I try to remember to make them human ahead of time. It's not too bad.

The other big AD workaround [that I did not use in this dynasty] , is related to timing of when you intervene [basically you change the assistant salaries to $1 right after they sign, then it gives your program all of its available budget for recruiting.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-13-2021 at 10:33 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote