View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #342
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

this one will make our resident doctor smile...

Matthew just turned 3 last Monday. Yesterday, he had a checkup appointment with his pedatrician, you know the usual once a year thing. I was the one appointed by my wife to go with him, and to be honest, I was not really looking forward to it. Every time we'd been to the pedatrician, Matty has been a crying machine. Despite the pediatrician being the a very gentle man and him trying everything to take the edge off Matty, nothing could be done. The minute we walked through the door, Matty would start whining first, then go into full crying mode as soon as we'd approach the examination table.

I had a special ammunition this time, thanks to Santa. Yep, Matty received a toy doctor case full with everything one needs to play doctor. He's examined us plenty of times, from checking pulse, temperature, giving vaccines and even checking reflexes with that little hammer.

I decided to bring the little case along in his bag, just in case. We got to the doctor's office, walk in the door as I kept talking to Matty about how the doctor will simply check him out. We went through the whole thing with Matty not once whining, just like a big boy would do.

Come to the end, the doctor has weighed and measure him and he pats Matty on the head and tell him that it's over, he can go get dressed now. I'm close to him now and I take his hand to get him to the examination table to dress him and he goes "but my reflexes?". I ask what he said, just as the doctor asks too and he repeats "but my reflexes, you didn't check them". Both me and the doctor burst into laughter and he got his little hammer and checked Matty's reflexes. Cute kiddo...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 01-17-2007 at 08:05 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote