View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 12:52 PM   #156
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Guys -All of you...You have no idea how much this has helped...I just came in from an afternoon of hell at the mall with the family. Ever since I got up I have had a feeling of being a failure. I felt like l have failed in rasing our children, failed in making my wife happy and failed in making myself a real father and husband..

But after coming in and taking a little dad time, I thought I will check and see if anyone has responded with anything. then I see the posts- Sachmo, WSUCougar, JonInMiddleGA, Pilot Man- alls I can say from one dad to anonther is thanks!!!..It is nice to talk to other men who love being dads-husbands and take this vocation serious.

Again all your advice (and painful stories) are great signs of hope for me.

I will continue to check and seek support and hopefully give some as well!

p.s little funny story - Last night I am carrying Clare up to bed last night after wrestling with her, of course I got her all wound up, and she says:
Clare - "dad yant to pway one more game".
hip - carrying clare, "time for bed sweety, we can play tomorrow"
Clare - "its weal yun and we can pway while you howd me"
hip - "ok, what is it"
Clare - "pee-pee game"
hip - "Clare-no!!!"
Clare - "hehehehe"

She proceeded to pee all over me, I of course hurry up and get her changed before mommy caught wind of this new game. I then explained to Clare that next time she plays this game we will have to make her start wearing diapers again. Clare told me she was sorry and she will never play that game again...Thank God

thanks again guy!

Last edited by Bea-Arthurs Hip : 11-19-2005 at 12:54 PM.
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote