View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 08:56 AM   #216
jonesz
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I didn't spend much time on recruiting, but the little time I spent there it seemed to be relatively solid. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more indication as to how I stood with the recruits though. I would prefer a slightly revised scale on recruit interest. It's a little annoying to me to keep losing out on recruits who have a 10 interest and I was heavily recruiting them early. In my mind, someone with a 10 interest should more or less be a sure thing. I think it would be better to more fully use the 1-10 scale of interest and make 10 less common and have a lot more guys in the 4 to 8 range. From my view, the full range of interest ratings wasn't really be used to full advantage. That being said, I think the recruiting was pretty solid and like SD I still have a lot of hope for this game.

Totally agree with having something like this. I'm having an extremely hard time knowing where I fit. Another nice feature might be to have the recruit narrow down his schools, ala TCY. It would give you a better understanding of where you stand as he continues to narrow down his choices.

In addition, I'm still struggling a little "trusting" the results that are coming from the game. There seems to be a disproportionate number of upsets. I'm frequently seeing a non ranked 4-4 team paste a #3 ranked 8-0 team or similar. I agree upsets should happen, but they should be just that, upsets, not the norm. It seems very rare for a very good (top 10) team to go through a season without encountering one large upset. I can see them getting shocked once in a while by a mediocre team, but not virtually every season. I've played about three seasons and seen such things as #3 Miami get beat at home by 3-5 Georgia Tech by 17 pts, #2 LSU getting beat by 2-3 Mississippi, etc, etc. It just seems that every season each high ranked team is going to get "stung" by someone on their schedule, and in most cases it is in addition or instead of losing to another highly ranked opponent.
jonesz is offline   Reply With Quote