Old 12-13-2005, 07:28 AM   #243
jonesz
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
from Arlie

Progess on patch (1.02)
We are currently working on a patch that will fix the following:

-Fix the injury length issue (injures will be reduced in length)

Will this include the option to set the number of inuries to max, normal, or minimum as was mentioned in an earlier post? If not, I would be concerned that we'll still have 14 or so players injuried at one time. Of those, any that are questionable or doubtful, you probably still wouldn't want to play due to the perceived high risk of reinjury. Or will this be looked at as well?

The parity point is well taken also. I could see the reasons that you list causing some of this. The more I play the more I actually think that the perception of parity may have more to do with the polls and point spreads shown however. For example, I'm playing with Ohio State (5-0), and I'm ranked #6 in the country and am playing unranked Minnesota (2-2) at home, to which I am favored by 23 points. I have a few injuries, but nothing substantial. I end up losing by 16 in the end (which is a 39 point difference from the point spread). Now, either I shouldn't have been ranked #6 or I shouldn't have been favored by 23. I've seen this happen, in one form or another, quite frequently. Now, my thought is that the point spread logic needs a little work. I always seem to use it as a general gauge for how two teams stack up, and it doesn't seem to be indicitive of this a majority of the time. A tweak to the point spread logic may help with the parity perception as well..
jonesz is offline   Reply With Quote