View Single Post
Old 04-18-2003, 04:03 AM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow

At this point, Bill hired me, Kodos (Kang had other obligations and was unavailable), as general manager of his new team, based on my repeated attempts to take over the world and subject humans to my every whim. He said he admired that kind of ambition and ruthlessness.

He had several objectives for me as his new GM:

1. Dallas must be beaten on the field and off the field
2. Jerry Jones must be made to suffer financially.
3. I must successfully drive the Cowboys out of Texas and make the Giants the new "America's Team."
4. I must move the team within the state of Texas - the closer to Dallas, the better.

He informed me that money was of no importance to him. All I need concern myself with was achieving the above objectives. He said that as long as I stayed on course for those objectives, I would never be fired, no matter how much money I lost.

Being an aggressive-minded kind of guy, he also told me he wanted me to concentrate on building an offensive powerhouse the likes of which had never been witnessed before in NFL history. He wanted flash, he wanted style, he wanted fireworks.

I was to disassemble the Giants completely and rebuild them from the ground up.

I was only to use draft picks on offensive players. No pick could be wasted on a defensive player, with one caveat: I could draft a defender if he was from a Texas college, since that would help me build a fan base and steal fans from Dallas more quickly.

I was to use only undrafted players to build my defense, with one more exception. I was free to sign any player (offensive or defensive) away from the Cowboys.

I could not sign any free agents except for re-signing my own players, or signing Dallas players who were currently without a contract.

Otherwise, I could only sign undrafted free agents after the draft.

I was free to accept any trade offered, but could not propose any trade that involved players. I could only propose trades for draft picks.

Whenever possible, I was to steal the Cowboy's best free agents - again, cost was of no concern. I must make every effort to sign Cowboy free agents who were deemed to be popular or gifted players.

He also said I must compete at the highest level - Wall Street.

With these things in mind, I began my career as the GM of the New York Giants.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote