View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #14
nol
Banned

March 2036
Dave was definitely taken aback by my outburst in the staff meeting, but like I told him, if you want to hire the numbers nerd to bring in a new perspective, don't be surprised when the kid drops some stats on you. I probably didn't need to get much deeper than 39% from the field and 15% from three, but I came prepared with adjusted plus-minus, situtational stats, biometric readings from in-game data, you name it. Now we're going to slide Lindsey to SF, start Nathaniel at SG and have Willy come off the bench as more of a combo forward.

#23 Duke has led the ACC wire-to-wire but hasn't gotten much respect from the polls or the RPI. On paper, they don't look like the deepest team but head coach Dino Coffee has them ready to play every single game. They're the number one defense in the nation in terms of PPG allowed and are 3rd in rebounding margin. It won't be easy on the road, but hopefully our new lineup can take them by surprise.

Roland Roy, their starting PG and a 28% three-point shooter, starts out 3-3 from from downtown but we remain within 5. They continue their ridiculous shooting and take a 13 point lead into the locker room. Roy and their starting SF Robert Cushman have both surpassed their season averages.

We get within 10, but the threes just keep coming for Duke. We aren't as stymied by their defense, but their PG, SG, and SF who were shooting under 32 percent for the year went 12-19 from beyond the arc. 82-63 is the final score. That loss places us OUT on the bubble watch once again as we head into the final week of the season at Florida State and hosting Virginia Tech.

Last edited by nol : 08-14-2014 at 07:03 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote