View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #21
nol
Banned

Programming note: In the year and a half of playing as an assistant coach, I feel like I'm doing the text sim equivalent of going to a Mexican restaurant and ordering a hamburger and fries.

FBCB does a great job of letting you run every aspect of your own program and gets good results when simming games/seasons from more of a top-down view. I know I'm basically doing the exact opposite thing at the moment, but does anyone else reading this have any experience with trying to manually coach the games?

When I'm in the assistant coach role, I'm not super hands on other than manually changing to one defense if we seem to be getting torched more in one particular defense while in Auto mode and adjusting the double inside/double outside ratios depending on the INS/3PS ratings of the other team.

Even that stuff could very well be superstition on my part that might not affect the actual outcome of games, which would be a bummer given that the sutff I do in "assistant coach mode" is already unlikely to counteract some of the more egregious coaching (starting orange/yellow players even when yellow/green backups objectively do better in their spot) and recruiting (not offering the maximum amount of scholarships available even when it means doing stuff like withdrawing scholarships to top-100 players when you're the only school that has offered) CPU decisions. Essentially, I'm wondering if there's a way to improve the in-game aspect of it or if it would be better to just try to get a head coaching job ASAP and forget about that other stuff.

Last edited by nol : 08-21-2014 at 01:28 AM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote