View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 09:05 AM   #73
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I tried the peanut butter gu for a while, but what I found was that the first one or two were ok.. after that my mouth just was a gummy mess no matter how much water I drunk and I had serious issues with it.

I also had to slow down more to take it. Normally with Gus, I don't have to slow, but I had a harder time breathing with the peanut butter gu. It being thicker made it not dissolve in my mouth like the other gus do, so I had to focus more on it.

Maybe if you only need 1 or 2 gu, it wouldnt be so bad, but if you get beyond that, I suddenly had issues with it before. it definitely is a far different texture than the other Gus

Ok, good to know. Still lots of testing to do, obviously, and I'm still VERY early in the process.

For now, I'm not too sure I'd need more than maybe 2 during a half marathon with maybe one about 15 minutes before the start of the race. That first one could be just about any flavor and could even be replace by chews during my warmup. Then one after 25 minutes or so, then another at the 50-55 minutes mark with an estimated finish time around 1:35...

Of course, all that planning wouldn't work in the case of a marathon, but I got about another year to plan for that.

FM