View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #85
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Great job once again Steve!

One question, did you wear those new shoes in the race, or are they new shoes that you are going to start using now?

Thanks Alan

Following the tried and true saying of "don't try anything new on race day" I stayed with my current pair of shoes for the race although I could have gone with the new one since I'm currently running with some Brooks Ghost 6 (I've attached a pic). Tried the 7 on yesterday's recovery run and I'm honestly not too sure I can tell a difference between the two which is a good thing in a way. Maybe I'll feel different the more I put miles on them but for now they felt just the same and since I really love my Ghost 6, it's a good thing.

I plan on alternating between the 6 and the 7 until I've put a bit more mileage on the 6. Right now, they stand at about 350 miles. Don't really know how many more miles I can add on them. Will be going mostly on feeling. The outside of the heels are a bit roughed up but otherwise they don't look bad. The cushioning isn't really stamped and the guy at the store thought they still looked quite decent. As I said, I'll go by feeling and if I get any kind of hurting following a run on them, I'll retire them to household/walkaround shoes...

My previous pair were some Asics Nimbus 13 and they're just about retired, now with 572 miles on them. I used them for that trail race since I expected some mud, and there was indeed some.

I love the Brooks much, much better. They're slightly lighter, not racers by any means, but they're cushy and feel dang good.

FM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ghost6.jpg (159.6 KB, 16 views)