View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 04:48 PM   #47
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Scenario:
You are a noble in the land of Pastel Order. Your king has recently died after a long and prosperous rule. According to the law of your land, all of the nobles assemble to elect a new king, based on merit.. For many of you it will be the first time you’ve had a chance to crown a king. From all over the land the various Nobles arrive. Some are well known, others more obscure. What can be certain is the eclectic mix of individuals.

On the first formal night of the assembly there is a magnificent banquet. As the banquet comes to an end, the previous king’s Prime Minister stands up.

“Assembled nobles welcome. I know it is with a heavy heart that all of you have come here today. I must, however, make your heart heavier. Our spies have learned that the evil land of Antler Fanatics has infiltrated the highest level of our kingdom. Their lust for our land is well known and it seems as though some of you in this very room have been trained as assassins. Nobles you must not let this nefarious plot work. I urge you to jail or kill one person in this room each day until we have crowned a king. The success of your decisions will be reported to the populace of the kingdom. Our citizens are wise and will only accept equally wise rulers. Good luck to all of you”

With that the banquet ends and the Nobles go off to plot what they will do in the days to come.

Please note the changes made to the Fast Talking Noble role. There are also a couple of other minor changes that I’ve made over the past few days to various parts of the rules.

These changes, particularly to the Fast Noble role, were made to ensure game balance. This set of rules has never been used before and I believe there to be a couple of obvious strategies for each side to use in the first couple of days. I balanced the game accordingly. If, however, these weren’t as obvious as I had thought I wanted to make sure the game did not quickly become unfair/unfun.

Night Zero Actions are due by Monday at 9 AM Eastern, but will be processed earlier if received earlier. The first lynch deadline will be 10 PM Eastern Monday. After that we’ll be trying the roughly 12/24 cycles described in the rules.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote