Old 03-18-2023, 02:32 AM   #210
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Historical Hegemon Series
Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter One Hundred and Seventy-Seven - Great Work in Kilwa

26 Aug, 1710 - I order:

My 36k in Malay back to Borneo

I disband my 4 mercs – most will take years to recover, but not the 30k in the Egyptian flank, they are still fully funded.

My Egyptian armies back to Egypt

I order armies to three captured holdings

I order one southern army to Tana, the rest back to my border with Kilwa and Mombasa

That was a good military victory not a good economic one. I grabbed down to the strait in Tajura, grabbed the Arabian Mokha on the other side. Now Aden won’t be attacking our rear Fortresses in the border with the Turks but now there against a Star Fort to be upgraded to a Fortress and then I’ll build a Fortress in Tajura on the other side as a backup from Aden as well as to stop Somalia from crossing over and with my navy camping there, Aden cannot move over even after capturing Mokha

Then we bisected them with taking Fazughli. That will cut their Western Area from their main holdings, so that we can keep them from supplying them. I’ll also want to build a Fortress there so they cannot take it quickly in the next war. Everything was military in nature, save for the Ivory throw in.

Do not that all 6 goods are worth at least 3 since livestock is now a 3.40 value trade good, and that was just one in Gems. Salt is 3.3, Coffee is more than 3 and Ivory is a strong 4. That was a military take, next is economic.

By taking Mokha, the Turks cannot DOW them with a Casus Belli in the future after spreading through Aden, although they are allies. That really shuts down the Turks from spreading into my Africa. One bad thing about taking Mokha is that now when I DOW Kilwa and their Arabian Peninsula power Hormuz buddy, they can send over their troops and attack me, so we’ll now be at war here too. Hormuz has lost some land to the Turks and currently has 15k so we can siege them to bring them in in a future war.

Although the issue with Kilwa is that with few sieges proper in the last few years since they don’t have any defensive installments in the mainland, I haven’t blown through manpower in this war.

Now I need to take some time off and recover my manpower, which replaces lost men in sieges, attrition, and battles, so we blew through a strong 206k in just a few years. I cannot go to war against Kilwa or Mombasa in the soon since I need to rebuild my troops and manpower over a few years.

The next war I need to win the economic battle. But this will take a lot of wars, just like Kilwa who already has 7. But even after 7 wars and losing all of that Gold, Kilwa still has a big fat army, so we’ll need to be careful. And I cannot build troops without manpower, so I cannot add to my forces right now.

Also gone are our Sailors that you spend to make ships or to repair in ports. I send my navy to berth in Suakin where my 2 captured ships are. They are at 100% after rebuilding, and they are both light ships, and then after rebuilding I’ll send my navy back out again for trade protection in Zanzibar

Now I need to recover my manpower.

I gain 2702 per month, and we have a max of 264k

I need to update that higher and get faster manpower recovery.

There is a military building called a Training Fields that increases local manpower by 100

It costs 285 and can be built in 12 months

I order:

Great Work:

Kilwa – 2.5k to start, when finished +0.5 annual prestige, +20% ship trade power, +2 merchant trade power

Training Fields here:

West Africa:

Tekrur
Galam
Wagadu
Termes
Tagant
Baghena
Hodh
Azawad
Taudeni
Azawagh
Karou
Grain Coast
Ivory Coast

South Africa:

Great Karoo

That leaves me 2232 for cash - Getting more than 265k is my goal for this investment

Slaves are down to 2.20 – that’s not good

New Tech!

MIL TECH 25 – Royal Mortar – We get better artillery, +2 artillery fire and +0.10 shock

I order my troops upgraded

I state:

Gulf of Guinea
– 4 – Dyes in Bonny, Fish in Calabar, Tropical Wood for Gabon, Naval Supplies in Cameroon – all former colonies. This is about Bonny’s Dyes

I hand a Majils Seat to Gold province in West Africa Bure

1 Sept – I spend 50 DIP inviting minorities

30 Sept- Event – Royal Patronage – I don’t spend 7446 cash to hire someone and invest

29 Oct - I accept Institution Sharing with Passau

1 Nov – My Sailors are building up again

2 Dec – Event – Monument to Zimbabwe – We get better relations, cash, and +20 prestige

31 Dec - 7k Rebellion in March Sale

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote