View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 02:34 PM   #232
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Historical Hegemon Series
Volume 16 - Mzab
Chapter One Hundred and Ninety-Eight - The 3rd Algiers/Somalia War

1 Oct – My army in Malaysia is now an exiled army and I have to send it back, that’ll slow me down

I order:

Northern Flank:

31k to Hamasien
62k to Enderta
155k to the Fortress of Mendefera

Southern Flank:

4 armies to internal minor Ewaso Ngiro
4 more to the coastal minor of Kismayo

10 Oct – We win in Bab el Mandeb

4 Nov – Three minors fall

8 Nov – Another falls

17 Dec – Vatomandry converts!

1 Jan, 1743 – We capture a minor in the southern flank, next is the Fortress of Merca

19 Feb – Mendefera falls

Next is the Fortress of Gonder

Now that my mercs have had a few months to build up, I order to the minor of Yao with 14k

6 Mar - Bengal is besieging Kedah’s capital

23 Mar – We win in Yao

2 April – Aden begins to siege Mukha with 48k

12 April – Yao falls, next is the Fortress of Wadai

10 May – Somalia has 22k sieging Tajura

20 May - 60k begin a siege of Kaffa

29 May – Merca falls, next is the captial Mogadishu next door

10 June – I lose a battle in Sumatra in the Indies to Kedah

I hire 15k mercs in Bengkulu to help out

16 July – Mogadishu falls!

As does Gonder!

I move my northern army to relieve the siege of Tajura on the way to Mukha

I order my southern army to Kaffa

Actually I cannot get there without going the long way, so I send them to the nearby Fortress of El Buur

I send my northern army to Kaffa instead

1 Sep t- We get the Trading in Coffee trade leader

15 Sept – Wadai in West Africa falls, we move east to the Fortress of Tegali

26 Sept – We win in Sumatra with the combined army and mercs. I order us to Kedah

Looks like Bengal has captured the capital of Kedah for us

We have a warscore of 40

13 Oct – We win in Kaffa with my northern army, 31k survive, I head to the Fortress of Shewa since the other sieges stopped

20 Oct – A minor 25k army is taking a minor in our northern captured, stuff, I send two armies over to take him out

18 Nov – They recapture a minor

20 Dec – Two minors fall

1 Feb, 1744 – El Buur Falls! Next on the southern flank is the Fortress of Degehebur

I have a warscore of 50

14 April – Pattani in Malay Peninsula is ours!

I have a warscore of 57% and my manpower is exhausted, so I need to do peace soon

I disband the 15k in the Indies and order my 36k back to Bengkulu

I need to do peace now. Tegali is at 42% so I could stay in until it falls, but let’s see what my 57% can net me:

What I really want to do is connect East Africa with Egypt on the east side, rather than going around Kongo. It’s 7 to do it, can I get them all in our warscore without annoying anyone not named Kilwa and Somalia?

North Somalia:

Welayta – East of Kaffa – 6 warscore, 5 badboy

Sidamo – East of Welayta – 6 each

Dawaro – East and north of Sidamo – 5 warscore, 4 badboy

Afder – South of Dawaro – 6 warscore, 4 badboy

Southern Somalia:

Gedo – South of Afder – 7 each again

Dawa – West of Gedo – Just a 6 warscore but 9 badboy

Ewaso Ngiro – West of Dawa – 8 score, 9 badboy

That leaves me 44 score and 42.7 to connect them. What else can I get?

Kismayo – Coastal, east of Ewaso Ngiro – 13 score, 18 badboy

That’s a nice addition.

Ready?

57 warscore and then 60 even badboy

I do it and spend ADM equal to 234 coring these 8 new additions

North Somalia:

Welayta – East of Kaffa – Sidamo people, Coptic faith, Highlands, Plantation for Coffee and Counting House, makes a nice 1.18 with 8 dev

Sidamo – East of Welayta – Plantation for Coffee here too, Counting House, 1.20 made from 9 dev, Highlands, Oromo Fetishist

Dawaro – East and north of Sidamo – Mountains, Grain, Farm Estate, Workshop, Oromo Fetishist, 6 dev, makes 0.48

Afder – South of Dawaro – Arid and Highlands, Oromo and Fetishist, Livestock, Farm Estate, Mosque, 0.71, 7 dev

Southern Somalia:

Gedo – South of Afder – 10 dev, 0.55, Oromo Fetishist, Arid Highlands, Grain, Farm Estate, Mosque, Con Center

Dawa – West of Gedo – Makes 1.15, Wool, Desert, Arid, Somali, Sunni, 9 dev, Textile Manufactory, Counting House

Ewaso Ngiro – West of Dawa – Arid Desert, 1.74 made here, 13 dev, Sunni Somalis, Wool, Textile Manufactory, Con Center, Counting House,

Kismayo – Coastal, east of Ewaso Ngiro – A big 23 dev with Farmlands, just Fish, has Naval Equipment Manufactory, Con Center, Great Mosque, Grand Shipyard, University, Counting House, Sunni and Somali, makes a massive 2.08 monthly already.

Not great devs, or Deserts, and trade goods in places, but built up with Manufacturers everywhere and good cash as a result!

Our first war was military where I took the strait to Arabia, Mukha, and bisected them. The 2nd war was economic for gold, Ivory, and more. They had 198k last war and 172k this one. This war was for military as well connecting my nation and then a high dev throw in in Kismayo

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote