Thread: OOTP 2007
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 10:14 AM   #15
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That's what really has caught my eye. IIRC, Cato or someone had devised a way to set up league records for particular points in history to accomplish roughly the same thing, but it was all manual. Same with the expansion draft, which I remember giving some advice on in this forum about how I did my own manual draft. To see these options in the game automatically - assuming they work, of course - has me frothing at the mouth, to be honest.

Football and other sports have always been different for me, which is why I have given Jim a pass on the historical/customizable league thing, but with baseball, I tend to start at a particular point in history and either play a real team years later, or sim up to the present and take over a real team with a league that now has an alternate history. This has really got me excited, so I hope it comes through reasonably well.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote