Thread: OOTP 2007
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 10:22 AM   #17
Markus Heinsohn
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
That's what really has caught my eye. IIRC, Cato or someone had devised a way to set up league records for particular points in history to accomplish roughly the same thing, but it was all manual. Same with the expansion draft, which I remember giving some advice on in this forum about how I did my own manual draft. To see these options in the game automatically - assuming they work, of course - has me frothing at the mouth, to be honest.

Football and other sports have always been different for me, which is why I have given Jim a pass on the historical/customizable league thing, but with baseball, I tend to start at a particular point in history and either play a real team years later, or sim up to the present and take over a real team with a league that now has an alternate history. This has really got me excited, so I hope it comes through reasonably well.

Oh, they already work perfectly. For example, when you import 1962, you'll have the complete history up to that point. Think baseball-reference.com 45 years ago For example, Maris holds the single season HR record, Ruth the all-time record, Cy Young is the W leader etc. All the other historical reports work with this as well, so you can check who the positional starters were on the 1924 Yankees, or who won the MVP in 1955. All there.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn : 01-31-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote