View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 09:03 AM   #2451
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

The first big swing was the Spleen/Glen vote. I didn't know who was who, but I had a feeling that they were both zombies. I figured with my last minute switch, if we got a zombie, I'd be trusted for the rest of the game. When that worked out, I thought we had won.

The second big swing was the Path killing. That really screwed us. At that point, there was only one zombie left and the zombie/umbrella combination had less than the STARS. The only way for Umbrella to win was to get things down to a 1-1-1 standoff and go for the combined zombie/umbrella win. That wasn't my first choice of outcomes, but it was the only one we had left. In order to do this, we needed to lynch a STARS member or have Mr. Wed make a bad kill and kill himself. We also needed to have two Umbrella killed to keep Chief on our side.

The next day I was going to start pushing for Spleen to be lynched, but the Fouts reveal and the SnDvls reveal messed that up. When people were swinging to SnDvls, I joined in so I would still be trusted. Chief Rum voted with SnDvls to stick with the ploy of being an Umbrella. Side note, when Chief came out as the Umbrella seer, I had a moment of elation thinking about how fun it would be to bust him. Then I realized what he was doing and played along.

Going into day 6 we had a problem. With everybody known, we had to get Spleen lynched. I was hoping that Chief Rum would join be in voting for Dodgerchick. I knew that everyone would be wary of what Chief did and they might vote for Spleen if they thought Chief wanted to take out Dodgerchick. Nobody was around to notice what was going on, and she got kicked out. -Side note, is the voting listed above correct? Did DC get lynched on a 4-3 vote? I thought it was 5-2. If it really was 4-3, I screwed up by not shifting my vote.

I was hoping that my vote for DC would confuse people (since I said I was giving up the game). I was also hoping that Mr. Wed would be upset enough at my lie to shoot Spleen (as if I was protecting him). That didn't happen.

With all of the reveals at the end, I thought we needed to not try to lynch Spleen at all. If people saw CR and I voting for each other, or anyone not Spleen, I thought that might make people question Spleen's faction and maybe take him out. I put my vote in late to try to make people think I was making a last minute play and killing someone other than Spleen, but again there was nobody around to notice and care.

I was trying to work with Chief Rum, but I knew people were going to vote against anyone he voted for. I was hoping he would catch what I was doing, but that never really happened. I was going to try to explain my actions publically, but people would have noticed that strategy talk should have been via PM and would realize we couldn't PM. We really needed someone to make a mistake, but it never happened.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote