View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 09:26 AM   #56
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

852. Tomaz Hoza (41, CZE, 58%, 6.15, -0.17)

Hoza has reached the point where he's really struggling to compete at the futures level. We could well see him reduced to the indignity of playing Amateurs, although perhaps not as his doubles ranking is still holding ok. On the trainer side, up another 0.06 to 4.96. Service and doubles are now maxed out, so it's just a case of pushing skill as high as he can now.

UNR. Prakash Prisha (18, IND, 101%, 7.07, +1.27)

This was the last big growth year for Prisha; he reached physical peak a few months ago. I think I jumped the gun in saying I tried to play futures too quickly; he'll be heading back out to that level, and I think he just had a particularly bad luck in the competition for the tournament he played. At the time he was already significantly better than Hoza, who was still getting quality futures results.

In any case, it's going to be some bad weeks of training while he establishes a ranking. I think I need to balance that out better when McVicker reaches this stage, and get him some results before he leaves the junior ranks. The outlook for Prakash this year is to move through the lower levels of futures as quickly as possible, getting up to more quality competition and pushing in the direction of challengers.

71 (J). Bart McVicker (16, USA, 85%, 4.77, +1.09)

88 (J). Timmy Tilleman (16, BEL, 74%, 3.95, +1.13)

McVicker and Tilleman now face what I always find to be the most challenging year of juniors to handle well. They've advanced past the bottom tiers, but the final-year juniors monopolize the top tiers, so they'll play as many decent JG3s as they can find, maybe some JG2 later in the year, and try to be as prepared as possible for their big year that follows. McVicker may find himself out there in an Amateur or two late in the year, depending on how the schedule works out.

Manager Ranking

Prisha's exploits pushed me up to 3.5k points, nearly doubling the total from a year ago, and 98th in the rankings. That's almost the midpoint of current active managers. I'll be hard-pressed to do more than just maintain that level this year, now that he's back at the bottom of a larger pile as it were with turning professional. But bigger things are coming.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-21-2022 at 09:30 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote