View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 03:59 AM   #39
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Man, I'm pissed (just generally, not at anyone specific). We got screwed today, and I think BK will even admit it isn't entirely our (my) fault.

I sent in the commissioner pics, and fell for BK's poor wording. I even pointed it out in my PM that it was ambiguous, but I was short on time and couldn't wait for a PM from him to be sure. I should have played it safe (I found a site with four of the five commissioners on it on the same page). Anyway, instead of sending in the one link with the four (with another for Goodell), I sent in individual pics for all five.

BK counted it as picture links per commissioner link, rather than all falling under the one "commissioners" category. As it was my third category, we got points for the first two (Manning commercial, Lombardi trophy) I sent in (and maybe got partial credit for the commissioners, not sure; BK only accepted the first three commish pics), but got nothing for my last two (Super Bowl XLI coin, The Catch).

I'm really bummed about how it went. Those pics could have been the difference. I'm so sorry guys.

And on that note, I might as well make the offer of being the sacrifical lamb. Not for that so much, but my car's battery is acting up, meaning I have to use a lot of my free time tomorrow getting it fixed (car won't even start) before work at night. And then Wednesday I work at my other job (before hte main one), also limiting my time. Given today's error and the next two days, it just makes sense to me that you all should vote me off.

Now, if someone totally blows it here or reveals to be a wolf and you would rather vote them off, I would love to stay. But assuming nothing like that comes up, I would understand and even offer to be that sacrifice.

Sorry again, guys. Hopefully Lupus can survive, because this a really strong group.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 02-06-2007 at 04:01 AM.