View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Can't speak to the other single cup coffee makers, but I have a Keurig at home and one in my office at work, and I love them both.

What I really like about them is that I can have the convenience of using the K-cup (which I usually do at work), or I can use my own ground coffee using the gold filter they sell to use in the brewer (which I do at home, allowing me to grind whatever beans I have and not have the added expense of the K-cups).

Lots of places sell the K-cups, though I've found the best places to get them (at least, in my area) seem to be Costco, Bed Bath & Beyond (with the 20% coupon they always seem to send out, it's cheaper than most places), and Keurig.com. Keurig.com has a "rewards" program and every now and then have special offers and offer free shipping on orders over a certain dollar amount. Costco has limited varieties, but the one near me has the Green Mountain Coffee Colombian coffee that I like.

I'm partial to the Newman's Own and Green Mountain K-cups. I also prefer the darker and bolder K-cups, I tend to mix one of those with a flavored one. I also REALLY like the Green Mountain hot cocoa.

Good luck with your purchase..if you have specific questions about the Keurig, or which cups I like best, feel free to ask.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote