View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 08:50 AM   #206
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
No comments on last night's episode?I thought it did a pretty good job setting things up for the season finale, although I can see people talking up the Lost comparisons even more now due to what happened in the last 15 minutes.

That's at least one issue that's very minor for me personally, since I never got into Lost at all. I get the comparison, it just won't be one that is particularly problematic for me.

I thought they did a great job on the scene in the woods with the consideration of the, umm, "hunting accident". Not so much with doing it, since I saw that coming a mile away, but rather with the interaction between Shane & the older guy. The way Shane tried to play it off & the guy just reacted like "what am I, stupid?"

I felt like I connected with the hillbilly hunter for the first time last night, in the final scene with Jim. For whatever reason, real or imagined, I felt like he ended up wrestling with the same thing I was at the last glance: whether leaving a soon-to-be-walker was the "right" thing to do. I mean, the blood of any survivor he kills down the line is on the hands of our group & I've kind of got a problem with that.

Understandable though her reaction may have been, if I'm Rick (or at least in Rick's position), I'd have put one in the back of the living sister's head from about 8 steps back if she had pointed that gun at me in that situation. Followed by two to the head of the walker-to-be. It's awful about your sister, but she's dead & you can change neither that fact nor the inevitable aftermath. No one here should be at any additional risk, however slight, just because you've got guilt issues about your relationship with her. And damned if you should be putting people in the position to deal with what's coming up shortly either.

I think my reaction -- as a guy who always ends up with angelic karma in Fallout -- is a sign that they're doing a good job of ratcheting up the tension of the overall situation with the show to this point. I'm reacting to their universe, not this one nor my own tendencies & that's a pretty good measure of engagement I think.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-29-2010 at 08:50 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote