View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #219
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I felt like I connected with the hillbilly hunter for the first time last night, in the final scene with Jim. For whatever reason, real or imagined, I felt like he ended up wrestling with the same thing I was at the last glance: whether leaving a soon-to-be-walker was the "right" thing to do. I mean, the blood of any survivor he kills down the line is on the hands of our group & I've kind of got a problem with that.
I like that character too - whereas Merle seemed to be a one-note asshole racist character, even after he was chained to the roof, the brother seems to have a little bit of nuance and depth. (Btw for whoever said Merle's thread is left untied, Jim left a note saying he was going to the CDC at the campsite - that's how he'd know where to find them next season.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
This is one thing that does bother me about the show. There are basically an unlimited supply of vehicles, why are they driving unreliable, worn down looking ones? If it's a plot device, that's fine, but, right now it makes them look dumb. On the other hand, it could be the mental state they are all in and shows that they don't always look ahead?
That wasn't even the vehicle plot point that most made me suspend my disbelief - it was when (presumably) Merle stole their truck - so thinking he would go back to camp and take revenge they decide to run the X miles (I think they've said several at one point) instead of stealing another car, like we just saw Jim do (twice!) when they were previously trapped and had to go through an entire horde of zombies to do it. I'm also not sure if they conveniently forgot/did not take walkies that trip, or they "tried off screen" but were only getting static, but that might have been a good thing to point out to people at the campsite as they were having their kumbaya fish fry.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote