View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #9
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here is my repost from the Weight Loss Dynasty:

Quote:
Man, I was so embarrassed to not be back in this thread. I felt like nothing was ever going to get better. I would try and fail and give up and fail again. I was able to make some small changes right away, such as I cut I diet pop intake to 1 per day, but I never really did get things going with this until......

My wife has Fibromyalgia. For the past year and a half my wife has had to deal with some pretty intense pain with no relief in sight and no prospects for it to get any better. She was on a medicine that helped with the pain but also caused her to gain quite a bit of weight. In the meantime, she researched and researched and tried a few other relief methods.

In July she started a hard core Vegan diet plan. This was not easy, a complete life change and there was no bet that it would help at all. A little while later she quite the drugs that were causing the weight gain because she couldn't take it anymore. About a month later, her pain level was better than it had been in a long time.

I started to become easier to eat what she ate and then after watching Forks over Knives, we decided that we needed to do this for the family too. Now the rest of us aren't eating Vegan and we don't do it for any belief system, but starting around labor day we became nearly Vegetarian. Meat here or there, and for me, chicken or fish. I haven't had a hamburger since August.

My wife used to only be able to walk for 10 minutes on the treadmill at a time. By the end of summer we were walking up to 5 miles a day together. Her life is hers again and while she isn't pain free, her life is livable again.

I have never felt better either. I try and exercise and eat as right as I can. Many of you know I am a huge grilling aficionado, that has been the hardest thing for me.

As of this morning I am down to 266.6, that can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds in a day(up not down), but as long as my trend continues down, I stay happy. I have no long term goals except to keep living like this. I would like to break 250. I would like to break 235. I would like to break 220. But there are no timelines for those goals. I an able to wear my skinny jeans again. Jeans I haven't been back in, in over 5 years. I have seen inches disappear.

So, I'm down almost 25 pounds since Labor day. I wish it would come off faster. But as long as it trends down I'll be happy with it. The last few weeks have been slow. But I haven't felt this good in a very long time. If I get to 250 It'll be the lightest I've been in 10 years.

I can't emphasize this enough. After what I have seen with my wife, anyone else suffering through Fibromyalgia has to make the diet change, and Forks over Knives is a must watch for anyone.

Basically, If I hadn't seen it first hand, I'd never have believed it. This is the real deal. It's a hard truth to face, especially for me, but it is the best solution for our futures, and overall health for people all over.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 12-24-2011 at 03:04 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote