View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 12:58 PM   #273
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
So let's bring back the rainbows until that other bit happens.
Not an expert, but lots of stuff out there. I think there is movement in that direction, see below. As always, subject to interpretation and also lawsuits & court rulings.

When I was thinking about wearing a cross, I know there were restrictions in France.

Page Not Found (404) | Learning for Justice.
Quote:
While still contested in some areas, permanent displays of religious symbols on public school property violate current interpretations of the Establishment Clause. The Ten Commandments, for example, are unarguably religious in nature. Their permanent display in public schools communicates an endorsement for Christianity—just as hanging a Star of David in a classroom could make it appear that the school favors Judaism.

The Ten Commandments could, however, be temporarily displayed in a comparative literature classroom as an instructional aid in a lesson on the Bible as a literary source for other works. Instructional aids, in this context, are objects referenced during instruction to help students understand a particular religious heritage. Another example might be a Muslim prayer rug to illustrate the Islamic practice of Salah, or a poster about the Crusades in a history classroom depicting people holding crosses.
Quote:
Probably would have to make a separate competition. I am not sure whether the extra organ would give the competitor an unfair advantage and make it impossible for others to compete.
Yeah, don't know either. I'd suspect possibility of more testosterone or estrogen but no idea.

Quote:
I am not talking specifically about Catholicism. I am talking about any religion and any business. If it is okay for one, it should be ok for all if that is the country we want to live in. IMO, the LGBTQ cake maker should not be able to refuse to bake the cake for the Catholic couple either.
I doubt there will be a lot of angst there by the Catholic couple. They'll just go find someone else. But you're right, it's a slippery slope.

Right or wrong, sometimes there are exceptions to the rule because of "religious freedom" (and not "sexuality").
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote