View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #94
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
So when I hear someone talk about finding savings by trimming administrative waste, it resonates with me a bit...even though I'll also simultaneously acknowledge that most university staff are underpaid in relation to market value -- and they'll be the first ones to get trimmed...because God forbid we think about giving up the 3 or 4 competing customer relationship management software contracts because this school wants to use Salesforce, and this one wants to use Hobsons, and the university IT group chose (and deployed) a completely different enterprise solution...

Bingo. The waste people don't see is really where higher ed is crazy. Also the insane debt fueled building sprees by most universities and worse, by many small colleges over the past 25 years. I know because as a staff member turned consultant, I know the types of contracts they sign and it's insane.

Free money fuels this. Nobody wants to cut the head off the student loan debt issue because of 'access' but...it'll be up to the institutions to figure out how to make kids afford it, if we stop passing the buck in the form of cheap, easy money.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-13-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote