Thread: Sports betting?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #296
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
The books were absolutely begging for action on the Chiefs at that line. Kind of scary. It looked too easy to easy to take the Chiefs. Kind of looks like all sorts of the syndicates were pounding away on Denver forcing the line the direction it ended up.

Still thinking about this one today... So confusing.... I hate not taking a team because it feels fishy and then have it be an easy winner.

Logically
Chiefs are a public team and get lots of late action
Chiefs are a much better team even with their injuries( I would think more than 6 points on a neutral site)
Broncos havent been very impressive this year.
Broncos really dont have the playmakers to keep up with the Chiefs and have lost a few in a row against them

There is no reason for me to believe that the Broncos would have been getting all of this action forcing a line drop from 5.5 down to 3. So why did it move 2.5 points?

The Stanford line dropping from 8 down to 3.5 was unusual as well but at least it had a reason that made sense(3rd string QB) even though Costello has been poor this year.

Does anyone have any ideas on the unusual Chiefs/Broncos betting movement?

With this said I am terrible at NFL as it seems more situational/matchup based. In college sports you can actually find advantages in power rankings and not have to worry about crazy line movements as much.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-18-2019 at 09:09 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote