View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #5
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
It's been a long time since I've been in the OOTP forums, but I totally agree with this. No offense to the people here, but they had the best dynasty writers I've seen. I did a short-lived Haiti Baseball Dynasty there years ago, and I drove myself crazy trying to match what they did.

I'll be following!

Some of the best stories on the OOTP forum were based on fictional players or teams, and that's one reason I decided to write about the British League System. This gives me a chance to tell everyone a little more about the BLS.

The teams are real, but the league setup isn't; clubs from the other countries of the United Kingdom are given spots in the pyramid corresponding to their prestige in their own league. The British Premier League contains clubs like Celtic and Aberdeen from Scotland, Linfield from Northern Ireland, and Cardiff from Wales. Three levels down, you see that British League Two has Dunfermline, Carmarthen, and Ballinamallard along with Preston, Sheffield United and Swindon Town.

Since the league setup is fictional, changing to "fake names" seemed like the right thing to do. I'll also be more comfortable incorporating a player into the story if he has a fictional name--especially if his character turns out to be a jerk.

Thanks for following along, and thanks for the comment!
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote