View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 12:37 PM   #32
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The satellite sensors over Russia go off and we pull up a view of a larger UFO. I scramble an interceptor to take on the UFO.

It is almost twice the size as the last UFO and tears up the interceptor, but the pilot is a pro and he is able to get a second UFO stamp on his interceptor, if they can save what's left of it.

We scramble a team to capture the UFO and take down some alien scumbags.

The Squad:
  • SGT Trey Hunter (Sniper, SCOPE)
  • CPL Coffee Warlord (Heavy)
  • CPL Ace Idol (Assault, Nano Vest)
  • RK Deacon Palmieri (Med Kit)
  • RK Ches O'Peake
Deacon and Trey move to the right, where the high ground is to benefit Trey. Coffee moves up the middle while Ace and Ches go to the left.
The team finally moves into sight of the UFO, as they are setting up to overwatch, 3 aliens that are flying come ripping out of the UFO and to the left towards Ches. Ace misses from his overwatch.

Ches tosses a grenade at two that are together and it explodes, shredding both of them, but they are still alive and floating.
Ace rips a shot off and hits one in the body, where the machine like part is. It explodes and down goes the alien.

Trey, Coffee and Deacon run to the left to try and help out Ches and Ace.
Two thin men appear to the edge of the right, and are trying to flank Deacon. One of the flying aliens takes off way up in the air and then lands right behind Deacon.

Trey lines up one alien from a ways out and drops it with a headshot.
Coffee moves to the right and tries to cover Deacon, firing at the alien and misses. Deacon wips around and rips the alien apart as it dodges Coffees shots.
Everyone shifts to the right now. Deacon moves up and spots a Thin Man. He fires and wounds it. Trey fires from a distance at the thin man and misses.
The thin man tries to move and Ace pops out of overwatch and drops him.

Deacon moves to the right and spots three sectoids. The scramble, but he is exposed to them.
One of them mind melds with the other. The melding alien moves forward and fires at Coffee but takes out Deacons cover.
Ace moves to the right, running and pulls a Thin Man out of cover as it fires at him missing. Ace sends a barrage of bullets at the melded sectoid and takes it down.

Deacon moves up into cover and is fired at by another sectoid that is in cover. He is hit, and is in rough shape. Good thing he has the med kit. Deacon steps out from behind the cover and drops the thin man.

Coffee moves up and misses.
The mind meld happens again, this time the melded alien moves up and takes a shot at Coffee and the shot tears into his shoulder. Coffee is wounded.
Coffee returns fire missing as does Deacon. Trey takes a long shot at the alien and wounds it. Ches moves up and finishes it off while Ace reloads.
Deacon moves up to find the other sectoid and it pops out of cover firing at him and missing. Deacon gets to partial cover and returns fire missing.

Coffee moves up and is exposed but tries to take down the alien and misses.

Jerome reloads while Ches and Ace move to get a shot.

The sectoid fires at Coffee and shreds his left leg. Coffee is bleeding badly, but still standing.

Trey is a bit a way from the alien but is able to spot him through the scope. He lines the aliens head up and boom...no more alien head.

Deacon gets a little selfish and heals himself instead of Coffee..not cool (I thought I selected Coffee, this one is my bad).
The team sweeps the outside and makes sure all the aliens are gone and then proceeds to move into the UFO.
Trey moves into the ship a bit further and has contact with the energy alien and drops back as the alien moves up to him.

Ace sneaks in the back door and catches the alien by surprise as he drills three holes right in it's back.

Final sweep through the UFO indicates all alien presence is gone.

This mission was scary as I thought we would lose Coffee and Deacon in this one. We didn't and it ends perfect.
Aliens Killed: 9
Squad Killed: 0