View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #51
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Don't forget to jump on Character Dining reservations right away. They should be just opening up for those dates.

Speaking of those, and since this thread seems to have caught the attention of several upcoming visitors, might as well throw some character dining preferences out there.

Sadly, it's been a few years since my last visit so some of these may have changed a bit (and always research, the fan sites like disboards & others are great for this sort of updated info) but among those that stand out in my mind are

Cinderella's Royal Table - in the castle at MK. Probably the pinnacle of c. dining because of the location. Cindy, of course, and an assortment of prince/princess style characters.

Chef Mickey - character breakfast at Contemporary. I'm a breakfast guy so unlimited bacon certainly put this one near the top of my list. Includes Mickey and a variety of main characters (i.e. Donald, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, etc. Chip & Dale were also mainstays IIRC)

Crystal Palace - MK ... buffet style (as most c. dining seems to be) featuring Pooh & friends. I'd probably recommend this as one of the best for younger kids, the characters work beautifully & since they're all oversized fluff, they're perhaps the most charming.

Another favorite of ours was Liberty Tree Tavern (ham/turkey with traditional sides served family style was a great relief vs counter fare & buffet) but I think it may not be doing c.dining at the moment, I'm not seeing it on some of the more current lists online.

Maybe some FOFC'ers with more recent experiences can add/revise this list.

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote