View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #527
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Thomkal, there is pretty much no chance that I would vote for you given that explanation. I understand that you are doing what you should do in a game like Survivor, and can respect you for doing that. But it is totally at odds with how I approach werewolf games.

A willingness to sacrifice for the good of the team is a core tenet of how I play as a wolf in these games and I certainly try to be a good teammate as a villager, albeit one with good information. Establishing friendly relationships with people within the thread is good for current games and creates a positive vibe for future games. I've always tried to be aware of that and not let my play, even when I'm competing to win, be a reason someone wouldn't want to play next game.

I completely understand that Survivor is not werewolf, even if we are playing it in the werewolf forum. And that a different set of skills are required for this game. But I'm having a difficult time making that distinction, because I went into our Alliance on good faith (you guys reached out to me, not the other way around) and did everything I could to see it succeed. To have you guys just toss that aside, especially in order to preserve a guy that wasn't sending in votes/orders no less, is mind-boggling to me.

Bottom line is that I'm annoyed/frustrated/hurt by this on some level that is kind of stupid for an Internet game. And that is my problem, not yours. I'll work on not carrying it over to future games, but it is almost certainly going to impact my vote today.

Okay then Hoops, thanks for the explanation of your mindset here. I am truly sorry that you are hurt by being backstabbed here. As I said before and said to Chesa and Maple privately, you are very well respected and liked for how you play Werewolf. That includes myself-I certainly try to play like you in Werewolf, and one of my first views for seer and other information views when I get that kind of role is on you because I know I will have a strong ally then. I hold nothing but respect for you.

So if my explanation of why I lead the charge to backstab offends you, all I can do is apologize. I thought given your WW experience that you would understand the reasoning behind making a power move like I did and respect it. The last thing I want you or anybody to do is see me in the signup list in one of these games and not play. I get so frustrated that people never seem to like or trust me in Werewolf when I try so hard to be the kind of player you are. And to my credit, I did hold true to my core alliance for the entire game, which should be something you can respect given what you said here.

But as you said this is Survivor not Werewolf. Let's be honest here, I would never win against you in a Final 3. You know it and I know it. It's why I didn't want you in the alliance in the first place. Not because I hate you, because I don't-its because your better than me in these kind of games. Please understand that the backstab came as nothing but with respect to a player and person of your ability. I did what I did because I thought it was a move that would be respected by those playing/voting by Survivor rules and gameplay, not Werewolf play. I hope that you and I can work together successfully and happily in many more games down the road.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote