View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #538
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Chesapeake... It appears to me that you were the mastermind behind your alliance. Of the three of you, you were the one that I communicated with the most. I think it's fair to say that you were the one who had to get your hands dirty the most. As you know, I reached out to you once I found the immunity idol and it took you a couple of days before you actually responded to me. I believe you told me you had board problems and couldn't respond. Knowing what I know now, I wonder if your delay in responding was by design as you strategized with your alliance. Is that the case? Also, was your delayed response to my PM telling you that I felt I needed to play the idol by design as well or just luck? Your non response pretty much forced me to play it which was a critical error on my part. I'll be honest, for the benefit of the other two in your alliance... right now I'm voting for you as you seemed to play the game the most of your 3 based on the interactions that I saw.

I seem to be thowing away votes every time I give honest answers to things. But, at the risk of alienating another vote, I'll tell you the truth, too.

IIRC, the switchover of the board on the OS servers happened during the early stages of this game. That may have been the issue there. I don't remember precisely. It seems more likely to have been that I wasn't expecting a PM from you and didn't have one to send back until the PM clock restarted.

I didn't tell my alliance anything specific about my relationship with you until the day we voted Hoops off, I think, and even then I kept most of what we said between us. Our discussions, and your idol, were too important to share with them until I felt I had to.

It is possible I let drop that I had casually talked to you earlier than that; I was constantly worried that someone would be following me during the day -- including ML and Thomkal -- to find out who else I might be in cahoots with. A throwaway disclosure to them that I had briefly talked to you would have mitigated some of the fallout from that.

I may be losing your vote by admitting this, but the night you used the idol was bad luck and not a machiavellian scheme on my part. I head home at 6 EDT and, like Autumn, I have to put the kids to bed, eat and spend some time with the wife. Then I can get back on at about 9:45 or so. Sometimes I can do a quick check while dinner is cooking, but not usually. This was one of those nights I couldn't. IIRC, I responded to you with my last PM to the villager group the second I got the message that you were worried.

The only real underhanded thing I did with you was deliberately trying to keep you seperate from my other alliance mates. You were much more valuable as an independent player open to working with me. If things went bad with the alliance I had, I felt I could rely on you to provide a plan B.

I encouraged Thomkal to take you to the inn for a reason. I knew Thomkal hadn't been talking outside our alliance because I had followed him a couple of times. So I believed he was honest when he said he intended to stick with me to the end. I knew that Maple Leafs had been talking to others, both because he admitted it and because I followed him, too.

Trust but verify.

My last PM to you was gauging your reaction to Thomkal for the purpose of adding you at the end and dropping Maple Leafs. Not to say that I had decided to go that route; I hadn't. But I wanted it available as an option. When you voted to send me off, of course, I had to stick with what I had.

I'm answering questions you didn't even ask. I should just shut up.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote