View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #495
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Hi!

Been following this thread for about 3-4 weeks now, finally pulled the trigger on joining this week. Looking forward to being part of the July competitions, as well as seeing if I can make some gradual improvements on my performance+times between now and my late-July (25th and 27th) 5K runs.

and yes, welcome to the group!

Did my first full hour of running today. Went out with my son and set a nice pace that he could follow but he gets sorta bored around the 5 K mark so I arrange the route to do a stop close by our house and let him walk it off back home and went on my own from there. Had my eyes set on going for 60 minutes, no distance, just time. Had never done this before but got it done today and was pretty happy with it.

Pace went from maybe 6:20 or so with my son to about 5:25 or 5:30 on my own, without really pushing it too hard. Looking at the splits, I see our 5th km, the last with him, we had our fastest of this run at 5:50.

My next goal, that I'd like to reach before the end of Summer, is to be able to run from our home to the dojo and back. According to Garmin Connect, it's 7.1 km one way, so about 14.2 or so. Thing is, I know there will be a bit of a hill right smack at about the 8th km or so... Still a bit of work to do

FM