View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 10:23 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

GalCiv IV, Take 3 - Pacifist Scientists in Space - Victory by Diplomacy!!!

Hello all! I hope your day is going super mega well!!! Am I doing a 3rd dynasty for your, 5th overall?

Tutorial – Terrans
Quick Start – Won as Phaenids
Medium Diff. Start – Lost as Krynn
Easy Start in Dense One Sector – Won as Negotiators

I won two without DOWing another empire.

So, who should I run and what level of Diff if I do so? Is it time to try my own nation, creating my own Empire with ChatGPT like I did to create the Vampire Samurai from Space Voidborn Clan.

I haven’t done any Culture tree outside of two Progressive I won (Phaenids, Negotiators) or Individual (Terran, Krynn). I kind of like trying out the Pacifist Culture with my non-DOWing styles. How about something like “Pacifist Scientists from Space”? What would that look like?

Here! They are called the Cosmic Harmony Collective.

The Cosmic Harmony Collective:

Personality:

Peaceful & Science

Traits
:

These are assigned to us by AI

Archeologist –
We had this with the Navigators. It helps us with anomaly research, gives us 2 artifacts.

Empathy
– Increases Dip by +1, Persuasions by 15% and reduces crime by 10%.

Skills:

We started with Wealth +1 and Influence +2, so I swap into +2 Research, +1 Influence, Militant -1, and Likeable +1.

Let’s do it to it!!!

I saved as Traditional. I tried again as Pacifist and it saved as Traditional, that’ll be my Culture. I created Archer Elves from Space as Collectivist and it saved, so it’s just the Pacifist one.

Starting Options:

All Win-Cons are enabled

Small, Single Cluster

Everything drops from Abundant to Common.

Three randomly selected AI, do I upgrade to Medium or stick with easy? Let’s try Medium where I lost before to the galaxy churning Drengin.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-18-2024 at 09:24 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote