View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 07:58 AM   #1748
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Manchin I kind of understand. He represents a very very Red state. West Virginia went 39 points for Trump. Every county in the state voted for Trump. The progressive who tried to primary Manchin in 2018 won the 2020 nomination for Senate and lost by over 40 points. He's generally walking a tightrope on every single vote.

It's Sinema I don't get. Arizona is trending more and more blue by the second.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

There is still a slight republican advantage in registered voters here and a good chunk of them are hard to the far right. (35% red to 32% blue with 30% independent) and the independents generally lean slightly conservative, so she has to massage that group.

There is a lot of migration here from California and those Dems are generally very progressive and she won't lose them because they won't vote red, so she will continue to target indys and the republicans that crossed party lines because they were sick of vitriol of Trump and co.

It has served her well, so I doubt she changes. When she was in a house she also voted with republicans more than any other democrat with the exception of maybe 1. Not sure of her voting record in the Senate, but probably similar.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote